UKRAINIAN JOURNAL OF INTERNATIONAL LAW
Ukrainian Journal of International Law requests that contributors comply with the decree of the Presidium of the High Certifying Commission of Ukraine №7-05\1 as of 15 January 2003 named “About the specification of requirements for the scientific articles accepted for a publication in special journals listed with the High Certifying Commission of Ukraine”.
General requirements as to the structure of articles:
- Problem statement in general and its connection with important scientific and practical tasks;
- Analysis of recent research and publications, where a solution of this problem was started and on which the author relies upon by, allocation of unsolved aspects of the problem, to which the article is dedicated;
- Goals and objectives of the article (problem);
- Presentation of the main body of the article with a full justification of the attained scientific results;
- Conclusions from the study and recommendations for further research in this direction.
Requirements as to the design of the article:
· The length of the article is limited to 12 pages (articles exceeding the established length may be accepted in accordance with the decision of the editorial board), type 14, 1,5 space, Times New Roman. The length of the review may not exceed two pages;
· In the upper right corner of the cover page the first name and last name of the author (co-authors), academic and professional credentials, employment details should be mentioned;
· Lower there should be UDC (universal decimal classification) of the article;
· Further there is the title of the publication with the central type alignment and boldface font;
· References to the used sources is carried out by means of footnote at the bottom of the page; numbering shpuld be continuous throughout the publication in Arabic numerals. The sources should be also listed at the end of the article (setction - "List of Sources");
· The submission of the article should be accompanied with the annotation (2-4 sentences) and key words (4-8 words) in Ukrainian and / or English. Annotation should be placed after the title of the article;
· In addition, the article should be accompanied by the summary in English – for those articles, which are submitted in other languages than English. The length of the summary should not be less than 500 words, type 14, 1,5 space, Times New Roman, in English. The summary is a concise and precise statement of the main ideas and concepts set forth by the author in the article. The summary should explain to the reader the benefits that he could derive from reading the article. The summary may not take the form of advertisement trying to attract attention to the article. The summary should contain only precise and unambiguous statements. It is recommended to avoid using sentences and phrases that do not have any useful information. The summary may not include neither bibliographical reference nor academic and professional credentials of the author. The summary should be devoted exclusively to the ideas and concepts highlighted in the article.
Requirements as to the submission of the article:
2. Please submit the current official photo of the author of any size and in JPEG format;
3. Brief personal data should contain the full name of the author, the academic and professional credentials, employment details (full designation and address, position), telephone number (office and mobile), e-mail address and address for correspondence with zip code to which the edition of the Journal will be sent; and also the number and the section of the Journal where it is reasonable to publish the article;
4. In case the author does not have an academic degree, the reference of the supervisor or the review of the DPhil or PhD of the relevant speciality - 12.00.11 or 12.00.03 - should be submitted additionally;
5. The documents attached to the letter should be in the Microsoft Word 97-2004 (.doc) format and contain the last name of the author (e.g., Brown_article. doc; Brown_photo. jpeg; Brown_infomation. doc). The authors without an academic degree should additionally send the scanned colour copy of the reference/review with the certified in due course signature of the supervisor/reviewer. Also it is compulsory to provide the contact data (e-mail address) of the supervisor/reviewer.
The publication of articles and materials is free of charge.
The editorial board is entitled to review, edit, shorten and reject the articles. The Ukrainian Journal of International Law shall retain the right not to consider the articles that do not meet the aforesaid requirements.
Publication Ethics and Peer Review
The materials provided for publication should not contain inaccuracies, fraudulent information, plagiarism and the absence of references to the source in the case of citation or/and quotation. Incorrect references are unacceptable and make a ground for refusal of publication. Submitting materials for the publication that have been published before or their publication later by author to other journals, including the change in the title of the materials, will be considered as unethical behavior.
The decision about publication is taken by the editorial board on an impartial basis, taking into account the relevance of the materials. An obligatory prerequisite for the publication of the materials is their prior peer review by independent well-known experts on the subject of the submitted materials. The materials will be published only in the case of positive result of the peer review.
Official website: jusintergentes.com.ua
Full name/ pseudonym
Academic and professional credentials
Employment details (full name, position and address)
Contact telephone number (mobile and office if available)
Relevant e-mail address
Address for correspondence to which the edition of the Journal will be sent
The number and the section of the Journal where it is reasonable to publish the article